Design and Production Manager
Mid-Atlantic Media (MAM), publisher of several niche publications including Baltimore’s Child, Baltimore Jewish Times, Baltimore Style, Consumer’s Eye, Home Services, Frederick's Child, Montgomery Magazine, Washington Family, Washington Jewish Week and a robust custom media division, is seeking a Design and Production Manager. The ideal candidate will be the leader of a staff with award-winning graphic designers. The candidate will budget, manage projects, trouble shoot, and adhere to all aspects of MAM’s production cycles and procedures. This is not a remote position. The candidate must have experience managing a staff for publications.
- Work directly with the editorial staff to design editorial pages
- Oversee the design of advertisements, track ad status and see through approval
- Work directly with advertising sales staff reps for design spec ads, media kits and promotional material
- Communicate directly with printer: budgeting, generating print orders, calculating ad percentages, resolving issues, communicating the production schedules, and addressing printing concerns or errors.
- Oversee the design and execution of digital platforms with MAM’s webmaster
- Proven leadership and managerial skills
- Efficient, detail-oriented and highly organized
- Customer service experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Goal oriented
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
Health benefits and 401k available.